Sunday, April 3, 2011

Under the Sea

Our favorite place to be...under the sea. Over at The Studio this week, Amanda challenged us to scrap a significant place. I knew immediately that I wanted to scrap a couple of photos of me and the hubs on one of our diving adventures and these papers from this month's Scrapbook Circle Hello Sunshine kit were perfect. The colors in the paper remind me of the colors of the sea and the buble-like flowers remind me of sea fans and bubbles. It just reminded me how peaceful it is underwater - no sounds but your breath, sea life doing their thing, beautiful coral, etc.

Often times towards the end of a long dive we start to get a little silly and take self-portraits, like these that I chose to scrap. These are actually the "normal" pics...we usually cross our eyes or take our regulators out to make a silly face or just do something super silly. Of course we always keep nature and safety our #1 priority.
Supplies from Scrapbook Circle Hello, Sunshine kit: Bo Bunny Ad Lib and Ad Lib Scribbles paper; Bella Blvd Family Dynamix Mother's Day and Sophisticated Short Stories papers; Tattered Angels Tattered Leather Mist; Imaginisce Petal Roller

This particular dive was at Turneffe Atoll in Belize at Myrtle's Turtle only about an hour or two after we encountered hammerhead sharks at The Elbow - yes, plural cause there were 3 and yes we had heard before that dive that they had spotted some earlier in the week and yes I still got in the water and yes, we actually swam in search of them. CRAZY! Here's a pic of the one who stuck around to check us out.
And some more silly pics of me underwater:


So who's ready to go diving with me?

6 comments:

curlyqmosaics said...

Very fun layout, and those photos are fabulous!

Nati Tristan said...

Those photos are so much fun! I soooo want to go diving with you! Love love love the layout as well!

Hannah said...

The photos are fab and I love the bright and colourful LO :)

Rebecca Keppel said...

WoW what cool photos! Love how you layered the bubbles :)

Emily D. said...

Wow.... those photos are awesome!!!! Love this layout!!!! Diving with you looks fun!

Diana Waite said...

I'll just enjoy the pics thanks! :) this is a CUTE layout!! so fun you have a camera with you underwater.