Monday, April 25, 2011

Cherry on Top Please

Are you a fan of bling?  If so, you have to check out the new i-rock embellishments that are being released today from Imaginisce. The new colors and textures are super fun and I'm pretty sure I can't live without these little beauties.  Check out this card I made using one of the new stencil kits, called Bracket & Border, and the new glitter Hot Rocks.
Supplies: Imaginisce Enchanted Papers, i-rock tool, new Hot Rocks glitter rocks, Cricut Birthday Bash cartridge.

I'm not sure if you can really see the glitter in the photo above but it's there and it just adds the extra touch of sparkle every cupcake sprinkle deserves.  I used the paper strips to anchor the card and then I used the stencil border to mimick the white cupcake frosting and put a red glitter hot rock on the top center of each to look like a cherry on top.

To make the cupcake, I cut the blue paper in a rectangle and then accordian folded it. Then I cut the top of the cupcake and the cherry from the Cricut Birthday Bash cartridge.  I covered the cupcake top with white lace to make it look like white frosting and went to town with ALL the new glitter hot rock colors to add the sprinkles.  The cherry on top was super fun to do. There are two sizes that the hot rocks come in so I covered the cherry with the larger ones and then filled in the empty spaces with the little rocks. Lastly, a little ric rack trims out the cupcake.

Here's what I used but you have got to visit the Imaginisce blog to soo ALL the new rocks that were released today.

Thanks for stopping by today.  Make sure to visit the Imaginisce blog today to see what some of the other design team gals did with their new ROCKS and check out today's giveaway!

2 comments:

Nati Tristan said...

Oh what an adorable little card! Wonderful!

CheckerBeads said...

Now that is a cupcake!! Love your blinged version!

Anne