The Peppermint Hot Cocoa Gifts have instant hot cocoa, chopped up peppermint candies or candy canes and marshmallows, layered over each other. Here's how you make them:
- Buy medium Mason jars from my local craft store
- Purchase a large 27 oz. canister of Nestle hot cocoa from Target. You could make your cocoa from scratch but I wanted to make this quicker and easier!
- Buy 2 bags of peppermint candies. You can also use candy canes but the bag of candies were less expensive
- Purchase 2 bags of mini marshmallows
- Pull out your favorite Christmas or Winter ribbons and papers.
- Scoop hot cocoa mix and fill the jars about 3/4 full
- Add a layer of peppermint. I used more than I expected since they are heavier than the cocoa mix and the bottom layer kind of sunk into the cocoa.
- Lastly, add a layer of marshmallows. I packed them in because I know how much kids love marshmallows!
To label them:
- I created an instruction label document in Photoshop, which you can DOWNLOAD HERE. Just load it into Photoshop, if you have it and change the name! If you don'w have PS, I will try to create a PDF version and will post if soon.
- I cut a larger tag out of red cardstock and then cut a smaller tag our of green and adhered it over the red.
- I used my American Crafts Kringle & Co stamp to stamp the to/from frame over different kinds of pattern paper. I'm a variety, no two gifts the same type of gal. :) Plus, it's a great way to use up scraps.
- I tied ribbon (also from American Crafts) through the tags and around the jars.
The kids and I really enjoyed delivering them to the neighbors and school staff. I only hope they enjoyed the cocoa as much as we loved making it for them!