Saturday, April 2, 2011

Family = Home

I'm so excited to kick off April with my designer's choice reveal at Scrapbook Circle. This month's Hello Sunshine kit is AMAZING! It's packed full of yummy scrapilicious goodness. As I looked through the kit all these exciting ideas flooded my mind and I decided to start off with an altered project.

I bought this frame from the Target $1 section back in February with the sole intention of altering it. As I was looking through the kit, I also had this photo of my family that I had printed the wrong size for a recent layout that's posted below and well it just all came together. This will sit here on my scrap desk to inspire me!
The $1 frame:

Since the frame was plastic I sanded it down with my d-stress tool from Imaginisce. I traced the frame over my paper, leaving about 3/4 inch around the outside and inside. 


I cut the middle out with an xacto knife and it was ready to be adhered to the frame. I attempted to mod podge the front of the frame but it didn't stick very well so I whipped out my i-bond glue gun and it did it's magic without being lumpy like glue guns can do sometimes! 
 Once I had the frame covered I went to town with the embellishments.
Supplies from Scrapbook Circle Hello Sunshine kit: Crate Paper Neighborhood Collection: Block Party, Garden and Visit papers, Chipboard Accents, Border Stickers; misc. twine; Cosmo Cricket Bling


I started with the little houses and then I fringe cut some grass and rolled it with my petal roller, which worked perfectly. I fussy cut several flowers and 2 dogs to represent our pups, who are not pictured.  Did you notice the two little love birds that I perched in the tree? I added the "Home" banner, some twine, a flower to resemble the sun and that adorable little cloud, that I trimmed with white pen.

I like how it turned out. What do you think? Make sure to stop by the Scrapbook Circle blog today to see some other ideas that the design team has whipped up.

6 comments:

Lea said...

Love this! Such fun paper! Can't wait to get my kit!!!

Audrey Yeager said...

oh my gosh Heather, this is so adorable! I love it!

Diana Waite said...

cute, cute cute!!! love this!!

Nati Tristan said...

I absolutely LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE this!!!

Unknown said...

This is so fun! I really like how you used the twine on this and how you layered everything. So cute!

Rebecca Keppel said...

That is SO SO SO cute!