Monday, January 27, 2014

Always Sweet, Always Silly Renaissance Girl

I have a ton of projects to share with you this week. The first is one I created in December using my January Gossamer Blue kit. I had to wait until January to show it and then well, someone let the craziness of CHA projects, attending CHA, her birthday and family time keep take over and that is A-OK with me.



I was drawn to the scalloped paper in the Studio Calico Printshop collection. It's a 12x12 sheet with pinks, blues and oranges. I wanted to use it for my background but it was a bit too much as a full sheet so I cut out the blues and pinks and then using my Xacto knife, cut out some individual scallops to add dimension.

This layouts was inspired by the peacock face painting my daughter got at the Renaissance Festival. I snapped these photos of her peeking at her new face paint in the mirror, or mir-rah, as she says.

I added pops of gold with rub-ons and mist.  The title is a combination of what's at the bottom "Renaissance Girl" and the sentiments at the top.  I used the black/tan striped word sentiment and papers to anchor the layout down and then embellished around it.

And I guess I wasn't the only one with this idea. There was a layout in the Studio Calico booth at CHA, using the same pink and blue scallops cut out. The design was very different but I just have to say that I created this as an original idea and posted it HERE in the Gossamer Blue gallery in December WAY before I saw that one. LOL Great minds think alike I guess.

Come back every day this week for some goodies using American Crafts and more Gossamer Blue layouts.


3 comments:

Paige Taylor Evans said...

I love how you trimmed just parts of the scalloped background!! So fun!

KrissyClarkMcKee said...

So pretty - love how the background paper peeks out from behind the scallops that you have trimmed! Gorgeous work!

Katie Rose said...

I just love this layout! Love how you used the scalloped paper!