Monday, July 1, 2013

Drum Baby {Don't Stop Beating}

Hi friends! I spent all weekend crafting with family and friends at a staycation/scrapcation. We got a 2 bedroom suite, brought our tables and craft supplies and scrapped away the hours with VERY little sleep. Even so though, I got my craft on and completed so many fun layouts. I thought I'd share this fun one with you today!


We went to the zoo on Mother's Day and they had several drums in the Monkey Exhibit for the kiddos to play with. Reese had a blast making up her own beat! So fun!

 The title is from a Phillip Phillips song I heard when he opened for Matchbox Twenty in January.

 I used a circle background from the Silhouette store, made it larger and altered it just a tad. Instead of using it as a background, I glued pattern paper to it, used foam dots to pop a pattern or sticker behind it, added embellies on top of it and placed other items inside the inner circles. I left a few open and then added journaling and details in others. I them popped it over the background pattern paper so it'd be really 3D. The title was a perfect fit for the larger circle.

I used American Crafts Dear Lizzy 5th & Frolic for this collection. I'm starting to run low on it and that makes me sad.

So whattaya think?   Let me know and then go on and get crafty, y'all!

23 comments:

Audrey Yeager said...

Love how you filled all the circles with fun little things! Beautiful page!

Kimberly Kett said...

So ADORABLE!! I love how you used those circles!

Dictionary said...

My bff and I always talk about getting a room to scrap, just haven't done it yet. Love the circles, adds such a fun dimension to the page!

emily said...

So unique! I really love everything about this layout...the circles, layers, the title!

Mel said...

This is a really striking layout - I love how you filled all the circles!

Unknown said...

Such a cool layout. Seriously loving how you put this together.

Linda Beeson said...

The circles make such a fun background!

Anonymous said...

adorable layout, been seeing a lot of circles lately and you girls make them look so good!

Unknown said...

whoa so cool! tfs

Diana Waite said...

oh my TOTALLY creative Heather--seriously sounds like a BLAST too! ;)

Leslie Germain said...

Great layout. Love the circles and what you did with the buttons and brads.

Fleursbydesign said...

Love this so awesome, :)

Unknown said...

Lovely page!

Ashley Horton said...

Love this Heather!! Awesome layout!

Paige Taylor Evans said...

WOWZERS! This is AMAZING!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Wowwwwwwwwwww! This is gorgeous! LOVING all the circles!!!!

Mary Jo said...

Such a gorgeous page!

Jean Bullock said...

Those circles are wonderful frames for the photos and patterned paper. Great job.

Juliana Michaels 17turtles said...

What a fun design! I love the circle background cut and how you embellished it!!!

Unknown said...

Really nice sharing.Thanks for sharing.Kerala Tour Packages

Unknown said...

What a nice design,beautiful circle and layout.
Commercial Real Estate Software

Unknown said...

Aweasome layout,Thanks for sharing this great post. :)
Netflix Vpn

Unknown said...

So cool. :)
Mobile Trace Number