Thursday, April 24, 2014

You Shine

Hi friends! Today, I'm showing off a layout I created using a few of the April Gossamer Blue digital die cuts. Do you use the digital cuts and printables? Did you know that they are SUPER easy to trace and cut with your CAMEO? Seriously, all you have to do is import (copy/paste) the file into your Silhouette software, trace and cut. It's that simple!
Well, this month's files were perfect for scrapping these photos of my daughter at her dance recital last year. Yep, I'm a year behind but at least I got it done before her recital this year, which is this weekend. LOL

I chose to use the star background paper by Simple Stories and paired it with a bit of the star transparency paper from Crate Paper, sprinkling in a star cutting file I created, which can be downloaded HERE, along with wood veneer stars, chipboard stars, brads, washi and more.

The film strip die cut from this month's cutting files was PERFECT for capturing the various parts of the dance routine. I enlarged it to fit the majority length of the page, which allowed me to use larger photos. I simply trimmed the left and right sides of the photos so it wouldn't show through the holes on the sides and adhered them to the back of the film strip at the tops and bottoms.


I love the look of a handwritten title. It's a good change every once in a while from the standard alphas. The die cut file was a simple import, trace, resize to the size that fit my page and cut. Instant perfect title.



Here's a close-up of some of the embellishments. The wood veneer stars were great alone or nested but my faves might be the ones that are open in the middle. I matched them over some of the pre-printed colored stars on the paper, as seen in the photo below.



Thanks for stopping by today. I'd love to see your layouts using the die cuts in the Gossamer Blue gallery or post a link to your blog in the comments so I can check them out.

Supplies:

6 comments:

Tracey said...

I am absolutely loving this page!! Gorgeous!!

antenucci said...

Love the string/drawing running through the stars!

ALINE said...

This layout is pretty!
I loved!

Fleursbydesign said...

I love the strips of photos - so cute :)

Diana Waite said...

this is a GORGEOUS layout!!

Diana Waite said...

this is a GORGEOUS layout!!