Saturday, April 5, 2014

LOVE this Sweet Face

I was soo excited when I saw the new dies in the American Crafts booth at CHA this year. I dusted off my Big Shot and I've been dabbling with the dies. I got a little crazy with the love die and created this layout.

Can you see them? Layered over each other on the left side of the page? Here's a stepxstep to re-create this layout.

  • Identify a die that you think will look good layered over each other. I think shapes are a little easier. If it's a word, you don't necessarily have to be able to read it but you want to be able to identify many of the letters. 
  • I must have cut about 20 of the words "love" out of black cardstock. You can use colored cardstock, pattern papers, vellum, whatever.
  • Now for the layering...I started at the bottom left and placed the word "love" so that only part of the v and e would show. I also adhered them to that the top of the word "love" was hanging off the page. I then adhered "love" over and over up to the top of the page.
  • For the second row, I used the full word "love". I placed the word so that it slightly covers up the 1st set of words, only the bottom of the word. I did that because I wanted to kind of flip the tops (you can see it in the photo below). Do this over and over the length of the page in however many rows you want.I did 4 rows.

  • Next, when I was cutting the word "love" with the die cut, I set aside one of the negative cuts. I adhered bright pink paper to the back of one of them and then hand cut the outside outline. I placed it over one of the black words.

  • Then I added 2 small strips of paper, the white and grey paper and another small strip of blue to complete the background of the page. And then I splattered some mist here and there.
  • I layered papers around my page, added stickers, a brad and some flowers that I hand cut from a 12x12 sheet of the Plus One collection.
  • The large pink and white "love" was also hand cut from a 12x12 sheet of the Plus One collection.
  • To create the title, I mixed the word phrase Thickers and chipboard Thickers. 
  • The mini hearts were cut using the geo tag die in the die cut kit.
  • The upper right banners were created from scraps and a foam heart from the same word phrase Thickers.



This is one of my favorite pages that I've created lately. It's full of colors and layers and was just so fun to create.  I hope it inspired you to pull out your dies or your CAMEO and get scrapping!

3 comments:

LauraEva said...

WOW--This is gorgeous, Heather! I pinned (OK?) for so I can look at later on for inspiration...

Juliana Michaels 17turtles said...

So fun! Love how you used the die!

KrissyClarkMcKee said...

Absolutely ingenious way to use that love die! I certainly "love" it!!!