Sunday, February 1, 2015

Hello 42

In case you were wondering, I am in my forties and damn proud of it.  I used to think 40 and over was old but I don't feel old. I actually feel pretty stinking young still. Perhaps it's my young kids that keep me in my youth but whatever it is, I'll take it.  When I saw the numbers 4 and 2 in the February Gossamer Blue Main kit, I knew I had to use them to document me at 42 so I dug up a photo from last year and got to planning.

I ALWAYS go to the B side when I see paper with cameras on it but I embraced it this time and figured it'd be best for the selfie I took.

How to:
  1. Cut a pattern paper to 9h x 12 w and adhere it to cardstock.
  2. Add your photo on one side where the paper meets the cardstock
  3. Add the title and embellishments around the photo and over the border where the paper meets the cardstock
  4. Using pop dots, add some embellishments and journaling cards over some of the photos.  Note: I have some reflecting to do so I'll be adding my journaling later.

So there you have it...a photo about ME! Now I just need to figure out what I want to say about myself at 42. Not only is it good for me to capture elements of me, I think this will be great for my girls to have one day.

Thanks for stopping by! Head over to Gossamer Blue. The February kit is amazing and so are the add-ons.  You can see what the design team created in the February gallery.

4 comments:

Jenni Calma said...

I am the 4 & 2 with you sister and yes, it is still young!! :) Awesome LO and combination of all the patterns!

Chantal Vandenberg said...

Awesome!!

Rhonda said...

Such a cute and clever idea! and No, you do not look like you are 40! :o)

Kimberly Kett said...

I love this paper and how you utilized it!