To kick off this new mindset I went with the most obvious way to use scraps - to create a card.
I used scraps from my Scrapbook Circle Happy Days kit as well as some elements from their digital download (border strip and caption). I love that little thought bubble. That is what actually kicked off the entire concept for this card. That bubble usually represents a thought and what is better than to tell someone you are thinking about them?
Here's a few more ideas of what you can do with scraps:
- Cut them into squares or circles and use them as an embellishment or lay them out as a grid on a card or layout. I like it best when no two are alike but they coordinate. I did this in my card above.
- Use a scrap with a cool design and turn it into a piece of jewelry - adhere to glass shapes with soft edges, dominoes, scrabble pieces; roll thin paper strips tightly around a needle into a ball to make beads, etc, etc.
- Punch or fussy cut scraps into shapes for a layout or card, like stars, flowers, birds, etc.
- Adhere scraps to chipboard shapes, letters, frames.
- Cut scraps into triangles or semi-circles and string them as a banner.
- Cut scraps into different size circles and layer them on top of each other to make flower-like embellishments, like the one above.
- I could keep this list going but I want to here from you...
What do you do with your scraps?