Sunday, February 20, 2011

My Girl

I knew we were in trouble after we bought Reese her first pair of shoes. She absolutely LOVES shoes, like every girl should. She loves them so much that she tries on everyone's shoes that are lying around and she's even been known to take shoes off of someone while they are wearing them. She's also been spotted making a scene because I would only buy 1 of the 3 pairs of shoes she tried on a the store, more than once. This is all before the age of 2. Yes, I'm in trouble.

Anywho, this Sunday's challenge at The Studio is to use frames in your layout. I am using sketch #42 from Sketchabilities. I instantly thought of these pics of Reese playing with her 1st pair of shoes shortly after her 1st birthday.

Supplies: Inspired to Scrap January 2011 Kit - Bella Blvd Lovey Dovey Collection: Circle of Love, Bear Hugs, Love is in the Air Papers, Alpha Bits stickers; Not included in kit - Melody Ross Small Frames Chip Art; Imaginisce d-stress tool; homeade mist using Ranger Mini Misters

I journaled on the back because I had so much to say about this. I love this paper collection from Bella Blvd, specifically the grid paper that I used as my background. The little sentiments sprinkled here and there are so sweet. After framing up the photos I wanted to do something to highlight a couple of those sentiments and the smaller pieces of chipboard frames that came in the pack were PERFECT for this. I covered 2 with coordinating paper and then crackled plain chipboard with Glossy Accents. It's quite obvious that I framed some of the photos but I also framed them all within the sentiments.

The sketch (added 2/28/11):

I hope you will play along with the challenge at The Studio and Sketchabilities. Make sure to check out what the rest of the design team did as well.

9 comments:

Audrey Yeager said...

LOVE how you framed the sentiments! Great idea!

Lea said...

Love this layout!!! That paper is great and I love how you did the title. And those frames are awesome!!!

Rossella said...

The sketch of this page is beautiful....also i have more difficult to create a page with few embellishments but, this one is absolutely fantastic! Compliments! :*

Diana Waite said...

those pictures are classic! This paper is AWESOME!! Love how you focused on the sentiments with the frames.

The Scrapbook Speedway said...

what a unique layout! i love the idea! it looks great!

Stacey said...

Fabulous!!

Shona said...

she is just a doll....beautiful :)

Aubree said...

This is adorable! I love all of the little frames with your sentiments written as if in a crossword puzzle! Great layout!

Glamotte said...

Wow, this layout is gorgeous! I love all those frames.

Great job!!!