Friday, February 18, 2011

Magical Christmas Card

Sketchy Thursdays is teaming up with a new challenge site called Jingle Belles. I LOVE their concept - to make a new christmas card each & every week so that you can "take back December...one holiday card at a time!" What better way to not stress about cards at the most hectic time of the year and the bonus is that you can use up your scraps from last year's Christmas lines.

Sketchy Thursdays has brought back their Second Chance Challenges for this. One winner will be chosen on Sketchy Thursdays for a sponsored prize and one winner chosen on Jingle Belles for their sponsored prize so you have two chances to win but you must use the Sketchy Thursdays sketch and a CHRISTMAS theme in order to qualify for the prizes.


I used my scraps from the Echo Park line that I ran all over town looking for at Christmas time. I distressed the edges and stitched on the 2 paper strips before I glued them down so that the card recipient wouldn't see the stitching on the inside of the card. I fussy cut the holly and then used the Glossy Accents crackle to give it a veiny leafy look. I stamped "Magical" in green and then sprinkled Walnut Ink embossing crystals immediately over the ink and heat embossed it to give it some luster. I didn't use versamark because I only wanted an itsy bitsy bit of embossing powder to stick and to see the green through it. Lastly, I used silver pearl embossing powder to create edges around the card.



Make sure to visit Sketchy Thursdays and Jingle Belles to see what our design teams did with this sketch!

13 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Loveeeeeeeee this Heather! I love love love love that holly, the distressing and the paint! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

lauren bergold said...

oh my gosh, yes! ♥MAGICAL♥ is definitely the correct word for this beautiful confection of a holiday card! i ♥ everything about this! (EVERY. SINLGE. THING!) :)

lauren bergold said...

(that would've been soooo much more impressive if i'd've spelled "SINGLE" correctly, wouldn't it?! yeah. thought so. sorry.) :)

Beatriz Rubio De Kimmel said...

i love this card!
TFS
-BK

Theresa said...

I love this card so much!

Diana Waite said...

GREAT card! I just got this line of paper too--can't wait to play with it!

heidi said...

Wow! This is so pretty!

SmilynStef said...

A big woot woot for using up those holiday scraps ... the collections we just had to have and then only made one or two cards before the holiday passed us by ... I'm right there with you. I love the idea of stitching & then adhering ... I also love those fabulous fussy-cut holly leaves ... thanks so much for joining our jingle belles fun.

lauren bergold said...

i know i said it already...but ♥I LOVE THIS CARD!!!♥ :)

The Scrapbook Speedway said...

what a cute card! i love it!

Rosemary said...

This card is gorgeous - you put a lot of work into and the finished result shows it! I love those papers, I can see why you used every little bit of them. Such vibrant colors and the embellishments work perfectly.

Linda Breedlove said...

I absolutely love your card... all the fine details add up to one beautiful piece of work.

~amy~ said...

absolutely fantabulous...I'm such an Echo Park fan...love what you've done!