Monday, February 14, 2011

Daddy's Baby Girl

Happy Valentine's Day!!!

I have been dying to play with these Sassafrass papers that I have had but there was always something else I needed to get to first.  I have several "older", meaning so 2010, papers that I LOVE and haven't used yet and I am promising myself that I will use them this year, old and all. I'm just calling it fashionable late.

Anyhoo, I snapped these photos of little Reese and her daddy. She loves to sit and rock with him and they are usually watching football or some Discovery channel program together. She's usually all snuggled up in his lap but this time she was wide awake and wiggly. It was just too cute because every time he'd change positions with his legs she would mimic him.

For this layout I used Sketch #41 from Sketchabilities.
OMG, this was a fussy cutter's paradise. Why can't I just leave well enough alone?  So many intricate little cuts around the stitching and lace and everything else.  I added as much dimension as I could with the chipboard and pop dots but the layout needed something more to complete it. I finally realized that it needed edging. I could have done what I love to do and doodled around it but I was staring at some embossing powders and I remembered a layout my friend, Audrey, recently posted on her blog and I had to try it. Instead of stamping with versa-mark, I pulled out my liquid glue and made random patterns. Then I sprinkled the olive green and walnut stain embossing powder over it and heat embossed it.  It completed the layout perfectly!

Make sure to head over to Sketchabilities and check out what the other Design Team gals did with this sketch. You might also find that there's a prize up for grabs!!!

24 comments:

Sarah Mullanix said...

Soooo cute, and I just love this line from Sassafras!!

Betty Kimmel said...

beautiful lo, love the color combo and those papers!
TFS
-BK

XXOO AMY said...

I've used this line many times, just love it. Beautiful layout!

Amanda said...

Beautiful Layout!! I am now a follower :)

Audrey Yeager said...

So adorable!!!!!!! I love the green and orange.

Carole Stirrat said...

Lovely layout, such a great sketch!!

Tracey Taylor said...

All the layers on this page are just beautiful!

Rebecca Keppel said...

So cute! Great take on the sketch!

Stacy said...

Your layout so rocks!!!!! LOVE IT!

Suzuki said...

Cute page - love the design!

Amy said...

Very pretty!

Melissa Vettorel said...

Adorable LO!! Love the bright colors!! You have really nice work!! I just became a follower!!

Come check out my blog : http://melissavettorel.blogspot.com/

Sharon said...

Love this layout. I found these papers so hard to use but you have done a fantastic job. Great Sketch.

kate blue said...

coming over from Cherrie's blog and I do love this./..a friend actually gave me papers that look like these I think they were Pink Paislee so I hope to create with them next week sometime...thanks for the inspiration!

Lea said...

What a great layout! Love the colors and those doillies look great with this line. Oh and those pictures are awesome!!!

Minta's Creations said...

Gorgeous...
Just became your newest follower..Would love it if you decided to follow my blog.

Is this the imaginisce blog hop?
Minta
http://mintascreations.blogspot.com/

mitchmac said...

love the layout and just love to see photos of dad's and daughters - so cute!

Diana Waite said...

what a fun way to work these papers! GREAT layout!

Yara said...

Beautiful layout! Love the embellishment cluster and artistic feel!

Glamotte said...

Wow, I love your layout (colors, papers, the interpretation of the sketch!

Great job!!!

Shona said...

I just started to play along with Sketchabilities......your layout is beautiful :)

pysselpetra said...

Love your take - very artsy

The Scrapbook Speedway said...

what a great layout! i love all the little touches!

Tracykrmz said...

in the Constitution does it mention religion, except in exclusionary "Who needs Barcelona when you can play like that" was the gist of his comments. Sarah, the publisher, was there and I asked