Monday, October 15, 2018

THANKFUL for…printable cards

Hi everyone.  Heather Leopard is here with a new spin on our annual Thanksgiving “I Am Thankful” cards.  Today’s project also includes a process video, which I will post here this week.Thankful for printable cards by @HeatherLeopard using @PebblesInc My Bright Life collection #madewithpebbles #printables #thanksgiving #thankful
Each year either my mom or I make cards for family members to fill out when we’re all together at Thanksgiving.  This year was my turn and I wanted to create cards that have space for a small photo of the person who completes the card along with short journaling spots.
Thankful for printable cards by @HeatherLeopard using @PebblesInc My Bright Life collection #madewithpebbles #printables #thanksgiving #thankful
I drew this up in PowerPoint and then printed it on my color printer. Easy peasy!  The square measures 1.5″ x 1.5″ so there’s just enough room to fit a small 1.25″ x 1.25″ photo. Then the other boxes are just the right size for a small phrase or even just one word, like “family.  You could even write out a long sentence or two utilizing the space in all the boxes together.
Thankful for printable cards by @HeatherLeopard using @PebblesInc My Bright Life collection #madewithpebbles #printables #thanksgiving #thankful
I added embellishments, like stickers and die cuts to each of the cards. I didn’t add much, more like just enough, because the true heart of the card is in what everyone writes on them.  I plan to place stickers next to the cards in case anyone wants to add more to theirs.  You could also wait to add embellishments and let your guests add their own.
Thankful for printable cards by @HeatherLeopard using @PebblesInc My Bright Life collection #madewithpebbles #printables #thanksgiving #thankful
Some of the embellishments are adhered directly to the card, while others, like this cute butterfly are popped up using 3D foam dots.Thankful for printable cards by @HeatherLeopard using @PebblesInc My Bright Life collection #madewithpebbles #printables #thanksgiving #thankful
Here’s what the completed cards look like. I made 8 in total and they were just so quick and easy. I can totally see my guests adding more die cuts and stickers to these or maybe even some doodling.  I can’t wait to see what everyone writes.  Oh, that gives me an idea…I think I’ll turn these into a mini album. Stay tuned for another post on that!
Also, check back later this week for a process video on how these cards came together.
xoxo, Heather
YouTube | Blog  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest

No comments: