Tuesday, May 2, 2017

DIY Decoupage Succulent Planter Teacher Gift

Hello everyone. Today I am going to walk you through creating a cute decoupage succulent planter as a teacher gift. I want to say thank you to all the teachers out there! As the school year is winding down, I'm thinking about ways to show my daughters' teachers some appreciation. Since they are an integral part of my daughters' development and growth, I thought it only fitting to create a one-of-a-kind teacher gift. See how to create this cute teacher gift to show your appreciation for all your kids' teachers do.


Begin by selecting a patterned paper from the Simple Life collection.  I wanted something that was neutral colored but also nature-themed, so this page was perfect for my vision!

Cut your chosen patterned paper in various pieces.  Here's just a sample of how I cut it.  I ended up using the entire sheet for the project.

Apply a liberal amount of decoupage mixture and adhere the paper to the clay pot. I worked all the way around the pot like this, ensuring there was enough overlapping the top and bottom of the pot.

I covered the entire pot, then went back over the top with more decoupage mixture to really seal the paper.  Repeat this step a few times, especially on the inside.

Next, fill your new planter with your favorite flowers or succulents. Finish off the gift with a couple small signs to insert into the pot.  I chose a sentiment and a butterfly from the Simple Life collection.

Do you think my daughter's teacher will like it? I'll add a coordinating gift card, but in all honesty I kind of want to keep it for myself! This project is the perfect gift for a teacher of friend who needs a cute gift for their kitchen or desktop.

No comments: