Wednesday, March 29, 2017

DIY Floral Barrette

Hello everyone.  I want to show you how I turned a ho-hum hair clip into a pretty spring fashion piece with today's DIY Floral Barrette tutorial.

So now that you've seen the finished project, let's take a look at what it started out as.

Still very lovely but sometimes you just want to add a bit of happiness to your hair, right?

All I needed to complete this was a few sheets of patterned paper, die cuts, puffy stickers and Sticky Thumb adhesive of course! I would also suggest a bit of Mod Podge or some sort of sealer to protect it from repeated use or a rainy day.

The first thing I did was wrap the barrette in paper.  Easy peasy!

Next, I fussy cut some flowers and carefully selected a die cut butterfly and a few puffy stickers. I cut some extra leaves to use as fillers.

Then I just started layering the bits and pieces. I started with the two larger pieces on the ends and then filled in with smaller bits until I loved the look.

Remember the before photo above?  What do you think of the after? I can tell you that I have a very happy little girl who can't wait to wear this with her favorite Spring outfits!

No comments: