Friday, September 2, 2016

2nd Day of 2nd Grade + Free Cut File

I take a first day of school as well as a ____ day of ___ grade photo each year.  Just a little something I do that's totally unnecessary but I think it will be fun to look back on when they are older.


I wanted to create something that totally and completely makes you think of school and apples for the teacher is one of those things.  I decided to create an apple background.  At first I was thinking of cutting hearts to make the apples but I wanted a more quilt-like look so I drew circles in my Silhouette software and then cut them in half. Now the circles  come together to make 4 apples as a background.

You can download the cut file HERE.

Cut all the shapes out and adhere with light adhesive, then stitch away. Although it may look like I stitched each individual piece down, I stitched straight across all patterns. This helped speed things WAY up!


Once stitching was complete, I added my photo, embellishments and journaling around the apples.

Thanks for stopping by today.  Don't forget, you can download the Silhouette cut file HERE.

1 comment:

Rhonda said...

Heather this is a stunning layout as usual!! The colors and textures you use always amaze me, along with your attention to detail!! You are still the BoMB!!! :o)