Tuesday, June 21, 2016

The Good Life

Hi everyone, did you know Just Nick Studio offers a cut file freebie every month?  You really should take advantage of free cut files every chance you get, okay???  This month, it's the Tic Tac Toe Background. Here's how I used it on a layout.


I chose to break the background elements apart to use as accents for the page instead of a background. This is easily done by Releasing the Compound Path and/or Ungrouping. Once everything was ungrouped, I scaled the elements to the size I wanted. Then I cut some out of the background paper and some out of complimentary pattern papers to layer on top.


I added some stitching around the squares that I cut out and added as an embellishment as well as around the lines that I cut out of the background paper so it could have definition to it.
In the end, this background file is a great take on the classic grid design!

Get the Tic Tac Toe Background for free until June 30, 2016!

No comments: