Wednesday, March 16, 2016

Sweet Baby Girl | Silhouette CAMEO Die Cut Tutorial

I wanted to document how precious the little moments are with children.  Here, my daughter is enjoying playing with a pine needle. My daughter is 7 now but I stumbled across this photo as I was looking for something to create with the new Bella Blvd. Baby Girl collection and found this gem.


I had completely forgotten how something so simple was so interesting to my daughter.  I knew when I spotted it that I needed to document it.  Since this photo was outdoors and she was wearing a cute little polka dot floral outfit, I decided to cut flowers using my Silhouette.


I backed each of the flowers with a coordinating paper, which at initial thought sounded like a bad idea but I used a function in the Silhouette software to make it easy peasy.  I included a tutorial about how I did this below.


Once I had my flowers, I arranged them in two opposite corners, leaving plenty of space for my photo and title.  The journaling will go right under the photo. The other corners were feeling a bit bare so I added a few borders and stickers to balance it out.



Supplies: Bella Blvd. Baby Girl collection: Pretty as a Posie, Sweet Safari, Just a Wink, She Stole My Heart, Mrs. Teddy 12x12 papers, Ciao Chip Icons, Treasures & Text; Ciao Chip: Whatnots; Amorie Alphas: Guacamole, Peep; Enamel Dots: Guacamole, Milk White; Enamel DooDads: Punch; Illustrated Faith Cute Clips: Adam's Mix

2 comments:

Tracey said...

What a sweet page!

Leslie Germain said...

Beautiful!! LOVE the flowers!!