Thursday, January 14, 2016

Our Love is Like XO

I’m making a bold statement about the love of my life in this month’s Pattern Play over at Gossamer Blue. Let's take a look at what at least 10 different pattern papers, two bold letters and one photo in the shape of a heart looks like...

We were taking a selfie on our recent anniversary trip to Greece and I snuck in for a smooch on the cheek to change things up. As I was looking through the Gossamer Blue January kit, I just kept singing along to the Beyonce XO song. I really only know one line from it but I couldn’t get it out of my head so naturally, I made it into a layout featuring that smooching selfie.


I cut out 5 X’s and O’s across and 4 X’s and O’s down, leaving space for a heart among them. I made the heart a tad bit bigger than the X’s and O’s so that I could have as large a photo as would fit.

Next, I took an X and O from the cut outs and used them as a template to cut out the pattern paper. I cut them about ¼” larger than the X and O so that I could add glue to the overage and adhere to the back of the XO overlay.


I did the same for the photo. I determined where I wanted it placed, added the heart cut out back in and then cut it out with a 1/4" edge for adhering to the back of the layout.
 



Once each X and O was adhered, I stitched around the edges. Most were done by a machine but I reserved a few special ones to add hand stitching.


The X’s and O’s were feeling a bit “eh” so I embellished them with alphas for a title, puffy stickers, buttons, flair, enamels, stickers, etc. I even added my journaling in one of them.

Thanks for stopping by today. I hope this inspires you to pull out your die cutting machine and go a little bolder with this month’s kit.

Supplies: Gossamer Blue Main kit, Main Add-on, Main Add-on 2, Life Pages kit, Life Pages Main Add-on, Life Pages Add-on 3, Bits & Pieces

2 comments:

Rhonda said...

SO DARN CUTE!!!! Love it Heather! xo

Unknown said...

Wow....all of the details keeps your eyes moving. The close up photos really make you appreciate the work that was put into it. Beautiful page.

Shanna
www.shannahystad.blogspot.com