Friday, December 12, 2014

Love These Two

Hello friends. I've been playing with the December Gossamer Blue kits and wanted to show you a fun way to change the original design of a paper and transform it into something new by giving it a little twist.

 

I just love the Gramercy Road West Seventh paper included in this month's kit but I wanted to add a little white space to the page and change the downward motion of the paper. I also didn't want the green in the paper because it clashed with the green in my photo.
 

 
To do this, I simply cut along the edge of the chevron design where the blue and green met and then cut it again with my remaining piece of my paper, removing the green color again.  That left me with two large triangle pieces to use as my background.  I mentioned earlier that I wanted to change the direction so I lined one up in the top right and then flipped the other over and adhered it to the bottom left of the page.  
 


I framed my photo and then placed it directly under the top right triangle. 
 

 
I then placed my title above the bottom left triangle. I chose to use a super sized heart as my "O" in the work LOVE. I placed the photo and title like this in an attempt to draw the eye to the most important bits of the page.
 
I sprinkled the layout with rub-on clouds, hearts and stitching and added cork, wood, sequins and cardstock embellishments to bring it even more to life. I love the transformation and I hope you do too!
 

No comments: