Monday, May 19, 2014

Hello Sweet Little One - Reese @ 1 Month

This baby is 5 years old already. Actually, she's 5 1/2 but I digress. The point is, I am WAY behind on her baby album and even moreso behind on my 10 year old's album. I mean, I have scrapped baby photos but I want to go back and specifically go month by month and make sure it's all there with all the details.

The new Simple Stories Hello Baby collection is just what I needed to get back into the swing of things and now I have a plan.  My plan is to create a 12x12 layout with a coordinating 12x12 Pocket Page so I can include more photos and journaling details.  I am eagerly awaiting for my SN@P Pocket Pages to arrive but until then, how about a look at my youngest daughter's 1 month layout.

I was inspired to create this layout based on the So Sweet 12x12 paper. I love the pattern and wanted to use it as a background but I my photo got a bit lost so I cut up some of the paper elements and recreated the background.

I trimmed the pieces and then arranged them on the page and then stitched lines down the page. Once that was done, I added the title, photo and embellishments. 
I chose tone on tone wood grain alphas to add her name to the page. The journaling is included on a grey pull out tab behind the photo.

Thanks for stopping by today. I'll show her 2nd month layout very soon. Until then, visit the Simple Stories blog. Hint: it's up on the blog with this one today. Check back here for detailed shots soon.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Love the background on this page and how you mixed it with the paper triangles!

Anelsie Ramos said...

Beautiful page! Love the layout design!

Monique Liedtke said...

Awesome page! Love how you created the background!! Love this collection too!!

Miriam Prantner said...

Seriously gorgeous! I love this one!!!

Diana Waite said...

what a precious photo and BEAUTIFUL layout!