Thursday, April 3, 2014

She Loves Me in 24 Pieces?!?!

I've been wanting to scrap this story for some time now. I started telling my daughter that I love her to bits & pieces. I always proclaim that I love in her a million, billion, trillion, infinity pieces.  We would have a ton of fun counting up and up and up together, kind of like a contest.  Well one day, she decided that she loved me in 24 pieces and stuck to that. Every day...24 pieces. I'm not quite sure what to think of that but since she was only 4 at the time, I'll consider it super duper adorable.

I have been hoarding the wood veneer overlay from the American Crafts Dear Lizzy Day Dreamer collection but couldn't decide what to use it for. Well, it finally clicked how perfect it would be to document this story.

I chose to back the wood veneer with a soft, subtle pattern. I didn't adhere it together until the last step. I then found papers that I thought would help me tell the story, like this text, and I added some rub-ons, like the flowers above. I stitched directly on the wood, using my sewing machine.

For several of the paper hearts, I simply cut them from a 12x12 sheet in the Day Dreamer and Plus One collections.

Remember how I said I didn't adhere the wood to the background paper? Here's why. I had to draw the others. To do so, I placed the paper under the wood veneer and traced it with my pencil. then, I cut it out about 1/4" inside the line I drew. The pink, scalloped one above and the polka dot one, that I used for my title, are perfect examples.

 Layers, layers, how I love thee. I just can't seem to add a photo to my layouts with layers. I added hand stitching to some of the hearts. I cut the hearts, hand stitched and then adhered them to the wood.

I cut this grey striped paper to use as a journaling spot.I stitched around it and then added my journaling. Last but not least, I stitched through a few of the hearts, right down the center and then popped the sides up with foam dots.

Now I have a sweet layout documenting this cute story. Can I toot my own horn for a sec? I uploaded it to Two Peas the other day and it was selected as the Featured Project. I was super duper excited. Thanks for letting me share the exciting news. Thanks for stopping by.

Don't forget to enter my giveaway in the previous post. You can win a Scrapbook Circle April kit, called The Bucket List. Good luck!

4 comments:

LauraEva said...

This is beautiful. So inspiring!

Tracey said...

These are the kind of stories that scrapbooking is all about!! :) What a beautiful page!!

Ashley Calder said...

This whole page is seriously almost too seriously awesome! LOVE IT. Super sweet story, and the embellished hearts are perfect. Pinned it!

Chocoscrapaholic said...

Beautiful story, girls, beautiful beautiful layout!