Friday, August 23, 2013

Spring Creek Mining | October Afternoon Guest Designer

I am so excited to be back up on the October Afternoon blog today. I’ve been having so much fun creating with the Daily Flash collections. I used the bits and pieces of the summertime collection to create a 12x12 layout which you can see HERE. This week I created some life spreads using the photo sleeves and the new Snapshots collection.

I have to admit that I got a little carried away with the various picture and card options and ended up created 2 complete page spreads for one event but, that’s what’s so nice about this. I was able to scrap all my favorite photos of my daughter’s first gem mining moment.
When I’m documenting a moment in time, I usually only use between 1 - 3 photo on a spread and that is what gets scrapped. With Daily Flash, I can scrap those main photos and also include the others that help tell the story.

I started by choosing two photos that would end up getting scrapped on their own page, one each side of the paper and then matched up the right cards to the various sleeves and printed the photos to the sleeve size.

I scrapped this page like I would any other, knowing that the 1st coordinating page could hold my title and journaling. I had fun layering papers, cards blurbs and snap caps. I create a sort of mini title using the
Daily Flash roller stamp.


I still had a lot of photos that help show the progression from sifting the pebbles and sand through the water to finding the gems so I created a 2nd spread.

I snapped this photo of my perfect little gem showing off her perfect little gems and added it over more layers of papers, cards and blurbs. I did all my stitching on this page and the other side before I actually adhered it to the layout so that the stitching wouldn’t show through on the other side of the paper.


Finally, I added additional journaling cards and card sentiments that when read together almost form another title on their own. I outlined some of the cards with washi tape, as I did on the title card in the 1st spread.

I added final touches by hand-stitching over a few speech bubble cards and added my journaling.

Thanks for joining me again this week. I'd love to have you visit me over on the October Afternoon blog today as well. Head on over there and let them know what you think!

9 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Beautiful!! LOVING the colors and the photos!!

Unknown said...

So fun, I love minis!!

Jackie xxx said...

Love how you have put this layout together.

Katrina M said...

Hi Heather
Not sure if you respond to questions but I saw your pages on the October Afternoon site. I love these layouts. I love the colours and the simplicity. I was just wondering what brand of sleeves these are? I love scrapbooking and the creativity it creates and I love the idea and layout of Project life - but I still want to be able to scrap what you've seems to capture what I want to do perfectly.
Any hints you could give would be much appreciated.
Thank you so much.
Katrina

ALINE said...

Very cute!!!!

Ebbie said...

Beautiful layout - the design (I love October Afternoon!), colour, photographs - just amazing. You are inspiring me incorporate Project Life scrapbooking style in my future layouts.

Unknown said...

Thanks so much for the comments everyone!

Katrina - I'm so glad I've inspired you. That means soo much! To answer your question, I'm using the October Afternoon Daily Flash sleeves.

Diana Waite said...

seriously AWESOME Heather!

Unknown said...

Aweasome layout.nice creation. :)
Commercial Real Estate Software