Monday, January 9, 2012

A Bit of This & That Class - Altered Wooden Block

I started teaching a Tool School class at my LSS, Scrappn Savvy, last year. It all started at the request of the store owner, after finding out I am on the Imaginisce design team and we all know Imaginisce has phenomenal tools. It was a joint brainstorm to teach her customers how to use various tools out in the market. I held a couple of classes and did make-n-takes but make-n-takes aren't really my style because I am limited on what I can do under a very small budget.  So, starting this month I am now teaching a class called A Bit of This & That. I'll still use a variety of tools but since it's a class, I have more flexibility with what we are creating.

A Bit of This & That is exactly how it sounds – we’ll focus on something different each class – from layouts to mini albums, home décor, cards and more.  I am having my first class tonight and I just got a call from the owner asking me if we can increase the cap on the class because it is sold out!  

In tonight's class, I will show how a little block of wood, paint, distress, paper and a Melting Pot, can create you create a beautiful décor piece for display in a home, office or to give as a gift.  I'm using the My Mind’s Eye Lost and Found 2 Sunshine Forever & Sunshine Sunshine line & the Ranger Melt Art Melting Pot by Tim Holtz. I had so much fun playing with the Melting Pot, and today we're going to make glass-like pendants and beads. 

Here's the project we are making. 
Pin It


I encased my initial between the gorgeous paper and UTEE.  I also made the bead that you see in the top middle.  This melting pot is so fun to play around with! To make the perfect circle, I used cookie cutters and clay molds and poured the hot liquid into them. 

Come back on Thursday for a peek at February's class, which will include a single page layout, card and mini-mini album. I will also include ideas to make a 2nd page layout.

If you live in the Houston area I would love to see you at one of my classes. 

Thanks for stopping by today!

2 comments:

Diana Waite said...

this is TOTALLY stunning--so Fun that you get to teach a class! :)

Carol W. said...

Gorgeous project! love the beads! Need to get a melting pot! TFS