Thursday, July 15, 2010

Simply Wonderful - 1st Sketchabilities DT Reveal

Hmmmmm, I set this up to automatically post while I was on business travel (and vacation) on the 15th. Not sure why it didn't but here it is now.

Check out my first reveal for the Sketchabilities Design Team.  I am loving the sketches Karan has us working on.  As soon as I took these photos I couldn't wait to scrap them.  They are of my sweet Reese squeezing her hands into fists, shaking and making such an intense face.  I have no idea what she was doing but she's done it a few times before when she was trying to do something, like pull something apart or take a lid off something.  I think it is simply adorable and I was so glad I had my camera next to me when she started doing it again. 

For the layout, I applied Shimmerz Spritz (color: Chick-a-Dee) and masked a cloud for my journaling.  I then doodled around it to further define the edge of the masking.  I also handstitched the bracket and the butterfly flight pattern, hand folded the purple strip and sewed it and the happy face strip to the layout.  I also hand cut the butterflies, blinged them out and popped them up to make them look like they are flying.  I handstamped the photo corners and misted them along with the then white flowers with the Chick-a-dee Shimmerz.

4 comments:

Liza said...

Love your layout Heather! Your DD is so cute! The papers really matched the mood.

Dana-from chaos to Grace said...

That handstitching is AMAZING!! This may be one of my favorites because there are so many beautiful details to it!

Sandy Ang said...

What a colourful and fun LO - and she's just adorable ! So glad you like the fridge magnet tutorial.

Unknown said...

Wow, thanks everyone...I'm blushing now.