Thursday, December 11, 2008

According to Rheagan

it's officially Christmas-time! About a week ago I was driving my 5 year old, Rheagan, to school in the morning and she asked me when it was going to snow here in Houston. I told her that it probably wouldn't snow here because well, it pretty much never snows in H-town (the last time it snowed was Christmas Eve 2004). Rheagan said, "Okay well, when it snows it'll be Christmas-time" and we left it at that. Fast forward to yesterday afternoon and what do you know? It snowed! Rheagan was at school so I quickly put Reese in her carseat and jumped in the car to go pick up Rheagan. I had no idea if it was snowing at her school and if so, would they take the kids out, nor did I know if it would be snowing by the time we got back home, about 40 minutes later. All I know is that I couldn't take the chance of denying a child's innocence that it was officially Christmas-time. Luckily it did snow at school and they did take them out to see it because by the time we got home, it had stopped snowing and none of it stuck to the ground. Rheagan said to me, "Mommy, it snowed today so it's Christmas". My heart just melted because what some people take for granted, my little girl found such joy, if even for just a moment. This snow symbolized that Santa was here. We decorated the tree last night and by the time we were done, it was snowing again. I was in another room when daddy announced that it was snowing and what I heard as I saw a little 5 year girl running towards me was joyful squealing. Rheagan was so excited as she threw on her shoes and coat. Thank goodness I bought the Gap "warmest jacket" that I thought we'd never use. We got all bundled up to go out and catch snow on our tongues. Of course I captured the moment for Rheagan and Reese. So you know I will soon be scrappin' the day it snowed in Houston and made the promise of Christmas come true for one little girl. I'd like to ask everyone that if this doesn't get you in the Christmas spirit, what will?

Since I haven't told anyone about my blog I'll just ask myself right now. And I know the answer.

No comments: