Saturday, May 22, 2010

Sketchy Thursday June Guest Design Team Challenge

Here's my submission for the Sketchy Thursday June Guest Design Team Challenge.  I had so much fun doing this layout.  I think what makes this layout so unique and cool is that I made my own background paper by adding Photoshop effects to the photo and then printing it on white cardstock. I really liked both of these photos but I didn't just want to so this side by side since they were so similar.  I think this really helps show them both off in their own cool way.  See my tutorial on Photoshop Effects: Poster Edges & Opacity to see how I did it. I also made my own pleated flowers.  I posted a tutorial on making pleated or accordian flowers yesterday. So here's my layout. 

Here's some details. I stamped the date with brown StazOn and Sans Small Caps CTMH stamp set, cut the blue flower from some lace and added another flower on top.  The charm is from Close To My Heart.

I made this next flower out of some wired blue loopy ribbon.  I have no idea how else to explain it.  Here's what it looked like before and then after, with a CTMH crocheted flower pretty pins and  a bit of bling.

Lastly, here's the pleated flower as well as another flower I made with chiffon and some bling.


Keep your fingers crossed that I make the cut!

1 comment:

heidi said...

very cool photo effect!