Monday, May 10, 2010

Meet the Teacher

Here's this week's Nuts About Sketches Layout.  I really wanted to capture the Kindergarten/Teacher stereotype in this layout so I found a way to incorporate "Apples for the Teacher" and Rheagan's handwriting.
Click to Enlarge and See Details

I made some scrap candy out of k.i.memories apple dashing lace cardstock.  I cut it out and strategically determined where I wanted it on the layout.  Once I knew where I wanted to place them, I made the candy.  Check out last Friday's Funky, Fresh post to see how I made the candy out of Liquid Glass and crushed velvet flock.


Click to Enlarge and See Details

The 2nd thing I did was make a file folder out of paper that looked like it was lined for handwriting (Imaginisce "(No) Passing Notes" and Paper Studio "Rulers"). As I was looking for the perfect alphas to make the title I realized it would be great to feature my daughter's actual handwriting. In addition to giving journaling a more personal touch, we always talk about preserving our handwriting for future generations to see. I think this is a great way to preserve our kids' handwriting. I LOVE how this turned out - so imperfectly perfect! Not only does it make THE perfect font for this page but now I have her handwriting preserved on a layout (in addition to all her school papers we've been collecting).

For the journalling I used CTMH Comments acrylic stamp set to have it look like ruled paper. I folded and stitched the ribbon on the layout (DCWV Adhesive Ribbon). I do have to say that stiching on adhesive ribbon is very difficult because it makes the needle gooey and my thread broke several times.  I advise against it.

Click to Enlarge and See Details

No comments: