Thursday, October 23, 2014

You are my UNIVERSE | Basic Grey Guest Designer

Okay...I may have freaked out just a teeny weeny little bit when Becky emailed me a couple of months ago and asked me to guest design for Basic Grey this month. Choosing the collection was a hard one because I love them all but ultimately the Aurora collection just spoke to me. Perhaps because it reminded me so much of our trip up the mountain to the observatory in Hawaii to see the sky full of stars.

Anyway, I created 2 layouts and two cards, all of which are on the Basic Grey blog TODAY!!! There's also a little Baker's Dozen Q&A by yours truly.  I'd love to have you visit over there and tell me what your favorite is!  Here's a sneak at what you'll see and then keep reading to see one of them in detail.


Can you tell I had a lot of fun?!?! These are some of my fave projects, for sure!!! Again, you can see them in full on the Basic Grey blog.

I don't show my cards here too often and I'm not sure why.  So, how about I do that today, seeing as how it's the first photo in my collage?


How to:

  • This card all started with the You are my UNIVERSE card included in the ephemera pack.  After being married to my hubby for 12 years, we are kind of sort of going through our honeymoon phase again so this card was so completely fitting.  I liked that the card had a semi circle above the constellations.
  • I created star garland and strung it over the semi circle right over the card.
  • I adhered a festive little background right in the center of the card base and placed the decorated card over the top using foam dots.
  • Those triangle bits are clear acrylic and worked magically at the bottom.
  • So as not to ignore the top, I added a little border using the paper strip extra bit from the bottom of a 12x12 sheet of pattern paper. I added a little stitching and voila!
Now I have a fun little card to surprise my hubby with.

Thanks for stopping by today. Now go on and get crafty!


4 comments:

Nicole Nowosad said...

YAY Heather!!! Well deserved :)

Meghann Andrew said...

Congrats, Heather! Great projects!

antenucci said...

So I am a little bit behind reading blogs :( Huge congrats on the BG! Love that round & round one especially. Great colors in this collection too.

Diana Waite said...

woohoo--AWESOME job friend!