Friday, October 31, 2014

Hocus Pocus Halloween Banner

Happy Halloween to all my spooky friends!



I created this super fun home decor piece and it's been hanging above my mantle all month.  I've been dying to cast a spell and show it to you all but I had to wait until it went up on the American Crafts blog and that happened today so...now I can share it with you all.  I just LOVE it and I hope you do too!

 Supplies: DIY Shop - (366652) 3.5x4.5 in Notch Banner, (366653) 3.5x4.5 in Scallop Banner, Haunted Hollow collection - (368904) 12x12 in Medium Weight Paper Pad, (366605) Wow! Glitter – extra fine glitter set, Studio Calico sequins, (AM710-82) Black cardstock


How to: Use your favorite banners from the DIY Shop collection. Cut paper to fit the inside of the banners. I used the same subtle paper on all the banners. Next, cut 2.5 inch round circles out of a light colored paper. Add gold glitter around the edges and set aside to dry. Cut 2 – 3 banners/flags in colors that can be layered over each other. Cut them in various lengths and widths. My largest banner is 1.5x5 inches. Adhere them to the background paper. Cut 3 inch rosettes. Adhere the glitter circles on the top and add them to the middle of the banner. Lastly, cut 2 inch letters to spell out your word or phrase. Use the twine from the DIY Shop banners to string the banner. Display proudly! 

3 comments:

Gina Lideros said...

You did such a great job on this Heather! Love the banner and your spooky setup!

Chelsea said...

I think that looks amazing!!

Diana Waite said...

AMAZINGLY clever!!