We love to read in our house so when I saw the sentiments in the new Shimelle collection, I just knew I had to create some bookmarks.
Supplies: Shimelle collection - (368147) - Harding paper, (368152) - Haynes paper, (368139) - Hurley paper, (368136) - Goodall paper, (368173) - die cut cardstock shapes
Wander Bookmark how to:
- Pick your favorite patterns from your favorite American crafts collection. Make sure to choose a mix of subtle and busy patterns, with more on the subtle side.
- Chose one pattern as your background and cut it approximately 1.5” wide and about 6” long.
- Next, layer different patterns over each other.
- Stitch along the edges to adhere them down.
- Stitch fun patterns , like a zig zag, the Star and diamond shown here.
I think I’ll Stop Here Bookmark how to:
- Chose one pattern as your background and cut it approximately 2” wide and about 5” long.
- Cut another pattern (Be Happy) just slightly smaller in width.
- Stitch along the edges to the background. Add any extra stitching you wish to add.
- Choose a favorite phrase and adhere it to the top of the bookmark with your favorite adhesive, leaving the bottom with a pocket so you can slip it over a page in your book.
- Add a few thin embellishments.
Thanks for stopping by today!