Thursday, February 13, 2014

My Little Sweetheart {Gossamer Blue + PageMaps}

I love designing with sketches but I don't do it very often anymore so when the opportunity to create with the February PageMaps sketches presented itself, I jumped at the chance.  The Gossamer Blue team teamed up with PageMaps this month and when Becky sent the sketches, I couldn't wait to dig into my kit to create this:

I've had these photos pf my little sweetie for 2 year now and I couldn't decide which photo I wanted to scrap so when Becky email this sketch, I immediately knew these photos would be a perfect fit.
You can find all of the February PageMaps sketches and what the other Gossamer Blue design team created on the PageMaps blog. As you can see, I stayed very true to the original sketch. I only made slight modifications, like swapping sides, using 6 photos instead of 7 and such.


I added lots of dimension to this layout. Some photos are directly adhered to the papers, popped some of them up, along with some of the sentiments, etc. I used a heart overlay and stitched it over a photo, similar to the sketch.

I added a pre-printed title banner 'cause it was just too perfect.  You can also see the envelope I used as one of the 2x2 sections.

Thanks PageMaps and Gossamer Blue for this great sketch opportunity!  See the rest of the sketches and team designs on the PageMaps blog.

9 comments:

Unknown said...

This is one of my favorite pages ever, great job Heather!

Anonymous said...

Cute page!

Leslie Germain said...

Lovely layout!!

Tegan said...

This is so very cool! I love the striped heart in the corner with the stitching! awesome layout!

Miriam Prantner said...

Such a sweet layout! Love that grid and all the layers/dimension!

ALINE said...

This page is very cute!
I loved!

Стокли said...

Such a beautiful page - I love the layering and the photos are cute.

Kim said...

Oh this is just sooo delightful , I liove all those photos

Diana Waite said...

oh my serious CUTENESS!!