Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Love You

I was recently asked to create a layout using the American Crafts Silhouette cutting files and oh my word, it was so hard to decide which ones to get creative with. I chose two and I'm sharing one of them with you today.

I love using cutting files on my projects because they can add just the right touch of interesting elements to a page very quickly. I used the Dear Lizzy Loved Heart Cutting File from Silhouette store and altered it to fit the vision that I had for this layout. The cutting file includes hearts that are all the same size. I enlarged one for the bottom right corner (more on that later). I also enlarged a heart to make a medium sized one and then placed it here and there, modifying the small hearts to accommodate the new medium ones. It basically involved lots of moving and shifting until it looked perfect.


You can see the different sized hearts in this photo. I also cut different sized hearts out of coordinating pattern paper and nested them into empty spaces, stitched over them and then lifted the edges.

So back to the larger heart.  Once it was cut, I backed it with strips of paper in different pattern papers, added an embellishment and then journaled around it.


I added the same pattern papers under my photo, include one cut as a photo corner and then fussy cut flowers. I cut the "Love You" words out of white cardstock on my CAMEO and then stitched them onto the layout.

This layout includes lots of white space which is not what I consider "Heather" style but I feel great about it since it has such a fun tone-on-tone pattern.  I really love it and I hope you do too.

7 comments:

KrissyClarkMcKee said...

I love all the textural details on this!

ALINE said...

Wow... this page is pretty!

Leanne said...

amazing! I love the white on white..x

Chocoscrapaholic said...

Really simple, elegant, and just beautiful!!

Unknown said...

Your pages are really fun. Thanks for sharing.

jbonomo said...

the colors pop on the white! Simply gorgeous!

Diana Waite said...

this is AWESOME! (insert the little boy from the incredibles on the trike!) Seriously love the color combo and those baby blues of your BEAUTIFUL girl!