Monday, February 3, 2014

Everlasting Love {a Gossamer Blue + Elle's Studio Blog Hop}

Did you hear the news? The February Gossamer Blue kits are filled with all sorts of Elle's Studio goodness this month!  When I got my kits, I was so excited to see such loveliness all in one place. You know what's really cool? We've teamed up with Elle and some of her design team for a super fun blog hop, lots of inspiration and plenty of giveaways.

I'm excited to show you what I created using the Elle's Studio goodies from the Main kit and Add-ons. Why, because I documented my parent's love story. Let's take a look:

Aren't they so cute? They've been a great example and I'm proud to say that they've been married 44 years!


I just loved the front and back of this love letters paper so I cut it the bottom 1/3 of the paper and flipped the bottom part over to show the side with the hearts. I think it grounds the page nicely, especially with the yellow border and the adorable Happily Ever After paper strip.  I chose to create my title using the wood veneer and a word I cut from the doily paper using my cameo. You can see one doily in the upper right hand corner above and tucked behind the photos in the picture below.

I chose simple layering behind these photos, using a striped pattern paper, a doily, a few cards and envelopes and of course lovely embellishments. I just love how the page turned out and I'm glad to know that I've documented this love affair for both myself and my children.

I'm doing a giveaway here on my blog for a collection of Elle's Studio goodies from my stash. All I ask is that you share 1 thing you love about life, what makes you happy.  And if you like what you see here today, I'd love to have you follow me here on my blog and on Instagram. I share lots of sneak peeks of Gossamer Blue kits and all my projects on Instagram. You have until Friday, February 7, 2014 at midnight to enter to win my giveaway.

Now, your next stop is to the talented Jenny Evans.  Here is the full blog hop list:


Don't forget to stop by the Elle's Studio blog and the Gossamer Blue blog! Each company is giving away some great prizes on their blog. Leave a comment on their blogs telling them what inspired you along the hop to be entered to win!



20 comments:

Laura said...

Lovely layout.
What makes me happy? My new nephew. And chocolate! :)
Thanks for the hop,
Laura

Lea Lawson said...

This is so pretty!! I love all the amazing layers!!

cghundley said...

My life is full of
love from my sweet
husband and all my
babies (pets)! I
really like the
clothespins and
envelopes you used.
Carla from Utah

ALINE said...

It is gorgeous!
I loved your page!

Elaine Clark said...

I just encountered your blog and I'm so happy I did! I love your layout and can't wait to learn more! One thing that makes me happy is time with my family. It's easy to get caught up in the busy everyday, but they deserve my attention and I love to give it to them!

Meliciouse613 said...

One thing that makes me happy is my 3 year old son... The heartfelt, pure, sometimes hilarious and other times a reality check things he says. I have always loved in my life, but until I had my son I had no idea I was capable of loving someone to the amazingly HUGE capacity which I feel for him. : )

Margie said...

I love this layout-and the die cut title!

LauraEva said...

I really love this layout---it makes me smile and hope for the future! What makes me happy is having my little girl sing 'You are my sunshine' to me when I get sad! Guaranteed for a smile!

Cynthia Baldwin said...

Sweet page about a sweet couple!
What makes me happy? I love it when I bake or cook something that my family loves. Right now w/ my preteen daughter and teenage son, that involves sweets - cookies and different kinds of breads...yes, they ARE related to me and my sweet tooth! :p

nikcreate said...

Awww...So SWEET!!!

Anonymous said...

What an amazing layout. Those photos are priceless and they are perfect for this amazing kit.

What do I love? What makes me happy? So many things! I will give a scrapbook related 'love' here ... I love wandering around blogs, Facebook, Pinterest and Instagram finding and being inspired by the many amazing paper crafters out there!

Sarah said...

your layout is gorgeous Heather! I love the aqua and pink elements with the grey background! Loving the title treatment too!

Sophia said...

Love all the little details on your project...♥

Lisa P said...

Love the documentation of such a special love. Great layout and such a keepsake for future generations to see and remember the legacy your parents provide. thanks for sharing. Found your instagram page. Now I stalk you everywhere :)

Heather (goldiecar) said...

I really love all of the details, and the sharp B&W pic of the cute couple with all of the little pops of color!

Lindart said...

They do look happy! Great layout! We are at 29 years this year - I hope we are still going strong at 44!

jbonomo said...

I just found your blog and love what i see.....love the design, layers, and eye candy! Loving all the pinks, aqua, red and neutral background.

Right now the thing i love most is my pug puppy (7 mos) after the sudden loss of our beloved soulmate pug. She is just so happy and makes us laugh every single day with her antics.....the other day she turned her carrot treat into a toy tossing it up in the air, barking at it, challenging it to come and get her doing pug runs around the house and yard.

Thank you for your inspiration!

Unknown said...

This is super cute!

Heather said...

I am following you on instagram. I love the ideas and inspirations. I look forward to seeing more.

Miriam Prantner said...

This is such a sweet layout, a great idea to really commemorate and honor an important couple!