Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Pleated Sea Shell Tutorial

If you've been reading my blog you know that if I can't find what I'm looking for I will make it myself. Even though I'm an only child, I do like to share (sometimes). So, I'm sharing how I made the pleated sea shells with you.  Here's my step by step instructions.

Step 1: Cut a rectangle the size you think will work for you.

Step 2 and 3: fold in half (careful not to crease) and cut the top at a rounded angle.

Step 4: Make small pleats (start and stop the pleat so the paper is folded down)

Step 5: Cut a small cut in the middle of the pleated area (I cut mine about 1/2" up from the bottom) and fold one side up

Step 6: Fold up other side

Step 7: Fan out at top and attach to layout or card.  This is where you can tie it, glue it or do what you want to make it look like a shell.

See my completed layout using this technique.

2 comments:

~~Mia~~ said...

what a neat idea, i've never seen this before!!! thanks for sharing!!

also, big thanks for saying 'hey' over at crop suey, hope to see you around there!!!

Unknown said...

Thanks Mia. Can't wait to see what all Chop Suey has in store. Congrats again!