Monday, August 2, 2010

Flock of Seagulls

I took a little more liberty with this Nuts About Sketches sketch than usual. I had a couple of events that had multiple photos but just couldn't get them to work the way I envisioned so I went with a recent trip to the beach that had fewer photos. There are 4; can you spot photo #4? As you look at the sketch, hopefully you can see that I did the left side of the spread using the top 3 photos, the title on the left, I turned the 6x5 photo into a background for the 3 photos and added the border at the bottom third.  As I was thinking about journaling options I went to a few of my favorite blogs for inspiration and remembered a layout that my IRL friend did a while back that I loved. I don't know if I scraplifted it subliminally or what but as I looked at the background patterned paper and border, it's almost identical so what the heck, I did a similar journal spot and titling. I was going to angle the photos where they would overlap a little bit but I really liked how Audrey did hers. Thanks for the inspiration, Audrey.
BTW, I am going to go back and scrap one more photo I took during this feeding frenzy moment, which was of Reese's daddy holding a cracker up with his hand while a seagull swooped in and ate it.  This was after Reese had attracted him so I didn't want it to take away from Reese's seagull moment therefor I didn't want to include it on the layout above. Reese was standing next to him so it will tie in nicely.  I think I will use the right side of the sketch for that.




1 comment:

Shawn said...

It is gorgeous and such amazing photos :)