Monday, August 30, 2010

All Ears & Crossing Fingers

Both of my DT reveals fall on the same day this week. 

Reveal #1: Sketchabilities - All Ears. After a long day at Magic Kindom at Disney World, Rheagan was worn out but she was still in great spirits as we headed out of the park. She was proudly showing off her "big ears" but you can tell through her forced smile that she was tired. She's still as cute as can be though.



My 2nd reveal is actually my last reveal for Nuts About Sketches. :( I did not try out for a 2nd term but I really enjoyed working with Shawn and her sketches.

Reveal #2 xx crossing fingers xx
This layout was to much fun. I doodled the border along the edge freestyle. I wanted the outer blue border to look like watercoloring so I watered down some re-inker and then painted it on several times to get some color variance. Then I fussy cut the butterflies in coordinating paper. The journaling is hidden behind the red photo section. The big red flower at the bottom right is actually what pulls the journaling out (see below). What is really hard to see here is ALL.THE.STICKLES. that I applied to this layout. I stickled: the edge of each butterfly, all the dots and lines and circles within the butterflies, the edges of the brackets, the edges of the layout, the big red flower, and the doodled loops on the layout and journaling tag. I am sure I forgot something that got hit by the stickle bug ;)

13 comments:

Shawn said...

Woman!!! These are both sooooo fantastic! I absolutely LOVE both of them :)

Audrey Yeager said...

Heather these are both fantastic!!! I LOVE your doodling!!!

Unknown said...

Thanks Shawn and Audrey :)

Unknown said...

I love the watercolor effect. I can't wait to see all the stickles in person! You'll have to bring it Friday!

Caroline said...

Those are so cute!! I love scrappin' from skethces. Thanks for the inspiration!!

Cassie said...

Looking forward to being on the Crop Suey DT with you!!
=)

Rita Marie S. Vergara, M.D. said...

Love Both of your layouts Heather!

Unknown said...

amazing! love how the circles pop out from the background :-)

Jscraps4u said...

Wow Heather...I LOVE them both!

Brittney said...

The dimension in the first is fabulous!

Sandy Ang said...

All Ears is so much fun! Admire how you pulled all the colours from the pic into your LO.

Jennie M said...

I love both of these lo's! But, on ALL EARS I adore how you use all of the colors to still look Disney but not sickningly so!

Unknown said...

Thanks everyone!