Thursday, April 28, 2016

Dandelion Wishes

Happy Friday eve everyone. We recently experienced severe flooding in our area and thankfully even though our street flooded, we only had water coming up our driveway just a bit.  It was a little odd to see kayakers floating in front of my house (see photo at the bottom of this post.

We're still getting a lot of rain here and they say April showers bring May flowers so I though I'd put a little SPRING in your step (care of my Gossamer Blue April kit and add-ons)...

Once I selected the photos I wanted, I designed the rest of the layout around the title. Usually my title is one of the last things I think about but for this, it was the first.

I created the word "dandelion" in Silhouette Studio using a free font I downloaded from the Internet called Modesty. For the larger WISHES word, I used the Shattered Alpha cut file from Just Nick Studio and then backed it with coordinating papers.

With such a large, bold title, I decided to keep the rest of the layout a little more siple than I usually do, adding a few frames, rub-ons, chipboard and a little splatter mist.

Thanks for stopping by today. How do you feel about bold title?

Here's the photo I mentioned above. The flooding was much worse just down the street and sadly, many neighbors' houses were flooded. It came up REALLY fast. We were actually trapped in our neighborhood for a couple of days.  You can't see the sidewalk on this side of the street anymore but this kayaker didn't seem to mind one bit.

1 comment:

Tracey said...

I am loving the titlework on here!! Just gorgeous!!