I have a couple of goals with this layout: 1. document how my little girl still makes wishes even though she was turning 10 and 2. include a space to include either 10 things she's into or a space for me to write my thoughts, wishes and feelings for this little girl.
- Using my Silhouette software, I mocked up the size and placement of the numbers and words to make sure that I could get the numbers as large as possible.
- I used a font that has the middle of the "0" cut out but you could also cut your photo and place it on top.
- Measure the part of the cut that your photo will be used in and then print your to that size.
- Place the cut paper over the photo and line it up how you want.
- Place the negative cut in it's spot.
- Remove the positive cut, careful not to move the photo or the negative cut.
- Trim around the edge of the negative cut, leaving enough room around the edge to adhere it to the positive cut. I cut mine with ! 1/4" border.
- Add adhesive to the edge and place the positive cut pack over the top. Perfect placement every time!
- I then cut little strips of paper and added them to the outside edge, overlapping here and there.
- Once that was all complete, I stitched them to the paper.
- The next step was to cut the title and add confetti, using pattern paper circles and mist.
- Last but not least, I added journaling strips to the section of the "0" that is opposite the photo.
Once everything else was done, I added the rest of the title to the page using foam adhesive.
Now I just have to decide if I write my wished for her or if I quiz her about her wishes and dreams for her future.