Wednesday, February 10, 2016

You + Me | Scrapbook Circle + Just Nick

Love is most definitely in the air over at JustNick this week and I'm here to show you how I used hearts to repeat a pattern and make a fun background for my layout.

For today's layout, I used this new Patterned Hearts cut file. I opened up my Silhouette Studio and placed all 4 hearts from the collection across the page as well as down the page and made them so that they would line up evenly and fill up the page. Doing this in the software helps ensure everything will fit on the page and also gives me an idea of what it will look like.  Then I cut them all out and saved all the hearts as well as the cardstock I cut them out of.



I decided to only use 3 of the heart designs and leave the 4th space blank to incorporate coordinating papers and my photo.  I backed the 3 designs with 4 different types of papers and set them aside.  Next, I stitched the negative sheet of cardstock to a black and white pattern paper so that the pattern paper would peek out from under some of the hearts.  I stitched around each of the hearts, leaving  3 of them blank. I in turn added the coordinating pattern papers to the back using foam adhesive.


Lastly, I stitched some hearts down the middle and  attached other hearts on top using the adhesive dots.  I like the varied dimension of having some popped behind, others popped above and the way the others that are stitched lift up on the sides. I finished the page by adding embellishments, some gold mist splatters and a little bit of watercolors.

P.S. I've used this idea of repeating the patterns and replacing one of the shapes with a photo HERE, HERE and HERE. I wanted to show you how you can use the same concept with different results.

No comments: