Monday, March 31, 2014

STITCHED Class Sneak and Oh So Darling with Gossamer Blue

I've been having so much fun the past couple of weeks playing with with my new Gossamer Blue goodies and creating a project or two for the new STITCHED class at Studio Calico.

Before I show you what I made using the Main kit from Gossamer Blue, I thought I'd show you a sneak peek at my project for the STITCHED class because today is the LAST DAY to sign up.  I've seen other sneaks of the projects and I can tell that this is going to be an amazing class. DON'T MISS OUT!

The class kit along with the stitching templates, digital die cuts, printables and embellishments is soo amazing. And Paige Evans is teaching the class and has lined up AMAZING contributors. What more can you ask for??? I hope to see you in the class room tomorrow.  Register HERE.

Okay, let's chat Gossamer Blue. The April kit is full of bright, gorgeous Spring colors. If you are thinking of getting their April kit and add-ons, run, don't walk, over there now because she is selling out FAST.

I couldn't resist scrapping this photo of my girls with these gorgeous Sunflowers.

This layout was creating using the Main Kit Only. The add-ons are incredible but I wanted to show you an example of what you can create with just the main kit. Not only that, but I created this one in just 50 minutes. That has to be a record for me. Ha ha ha...seriously.

I started this page by just layering the transparency and the green under the photo. The transparency wasn't showing through enough to I added a pop of yellow and a bit of black. I then decided that I needed some white between the green and the grey background and voila!, I had my layers. These are all from various American Crafts Plus One or Day Dreamer collections and Studio Calico Lemon Lush.

Once I adhered it down, I added the "darling" and arrow rub-ons and the "oh so" from Thickers, all from the American Crafts Amy Tangering Plus One collection.

The page needed a top and bottom border so I cut some very rough strips on blue, green and black and added my borders, topping the upper right corner with an embellished triangle.

The page just needed a bit more happiness so I added mist splatters using Studio Calico Taxi and Bonnet Blue. Then I did the unthinkable (to me). I pulled the centers off the Dear Lizzy Day Dreamer wood buttons and used them like enamel dots on my page. You can see the wood around the "2" in the top photo and how they look peeled off in this photo.


2 comments:

Nicole Nowosad said...

that stitchy sneak is so awesome!!!

Sarah said...

Loving your layout and that stitchy sneak is awesome! Can't wait for this class to start!!