I created this using Creative Scrappers sketch 219 and the Scrapbook Circle July 2012 kit, Sunshine Day.
- I faux stitched around the yellow distressed paper; the grid lines on the paper made it super easy to follow and keep my "stitching" in a nice straight line.
- Prior to adhering the layered pieces to the background paper, I cut some of the scallops out of the background paper and re-purposed them again over the yellow paper.
- I used wood circle frames to highlight the doily in the banner and the "memories" brad embellishment. It adds just the right amount of attention to those bits that might have gone unnoticed.
- I used actual toilet paper on my layout. I gave the toilet paper a scallop treatment by folding it in half again and again until it was the size of one scallop and then I cut a scallop with my scissors, like you do to make snowflakes. Then I ruffled them on the page under my photos.
- To make the word "innocent" stand out a bit more I outlined around each alpha and again over the top edge of the letters.
Thanks for stopping by today.