Hello lovely friends. I'm here today to share a pampering DIY Mother's Day idea. This is a perfect way to treat any guests you welcome to your home for this weekend's celebration, or any time for that matter. It's also a sweet idea for those moms who may be a bit hard to buy for. Or, maybe you just want some time to yourself. Either way, this DIY project is sure to please!
Not only do these DIY Mother's Day bath salts add an extra spa-like element to your bathroom, they are also fun and easy to make!
- small jar(s) to hold the salts
- twine or ribbon
- Patterned paper for decor
- 1 Cups Epsom salt (unscented)
- 1/2 Cup Coarse Sea Salt - if you don't have this, add another 1/2 C Epsom Salt
- 1/2 Cup Kosher Salt
- 6 - 8 drops of your favorite essential oils - consider lavender, peppermint, citrus, geranium, frankincense, chamomile, or your favorite blends.
- Food coloring (optional) If you do not add food coloring, the bath salts will be white in color.
Begin making your DIY Mother's Day gift by adding all ingredients together in a medium mixing bowl; stir together until well blended. If you choose to use multiple scents, mix everything but the oils together. Split the mixture into separate smaller bowls.
Add the oil or oil blend of your choice.
Add a few drops of food coloring if you choose to add color to your salts.
Once dry, add the salt mix to your containers. Store in airtight container for up to 6 months.
Lastly, add a little note and pretty bow to make them pretty. I used these from the Tealightful collection. Display in your bath and you're all set to relax! Just turn on your favorite spa music and get ready to tune out the rest of the world for the next 30 minutes.
Fill the bath with warm water and add 2 - 3 scoops (approx. 1/4 C.) to the warm bath. Enjoy pampering yourself!