Thursday, October 6, 2016

Quick Fall Hostess / Teacher Gift Idea

Hi everyone, I have a fun fall hostess gift idea on the Pebble blog (and here) to share with you today that you can whip up in a matter of minutes.

It's basically fall in a jar and it's bursting with traditional falls colors.  I'm going to let my girls give these to their teachers but they're perfect for a hostess gift or a little treat for your co-workers.

Supplies:
  • mason jars
  • your favorite Pebbles fall collection - pattern paper, die cuts, wood veneer
  • Twine
  • Paper piercer or hole punch
  • Sticky Thumb Sticky Dots
  • candy or trail mix

To create these, fill the mason jars with candy made up of the your favorite Autumn colors. Then, cut leaves using whatever tools you have.  I used my Silhouette CAMEO.  Then mix and match the leaves with a sentiment cut from one of the pattern papers in the 6x6 paper pad.  Punch a hole in them and tie them together with twine. Wrap around your mason jars and then add wood veneer using Sticky Dots.

You're halfway done at this point! Next, grab a few smaller leaves and a cute little wood veneer character. Adhere the leaves together, folding them the way a typical leaf would be folded. Adhere them to the top of the mason jar lid using another sticky dot.
Add a little bow to your character to give it even more character.  Adhere to the top of the lid using a stick dot.  I also attached a piece of cardstock as a base to the back of the wood veneer to help it stay standing upright.
And there you have it, two quick gifts using my favorite fall colors. I only hope my girls' teachers enjoy it as much as I enjoyed making them for them.

Pebbles Supplies: Woodland Forest Apple Cider pattern paper (733430) Woodland Forest Fall Florals pattern paper (733434) Woodland Forest Pears pattern paper (733428) Woodland Forest Wood Veneer Shapes (733439) Woodland Forest 6"x6" Paper Pad (733441) Sticky Thumb sticky dots (340274)

2 comments:

Connie Collins said...

I love these. How did you give the lids a vintage look?

Unknown said...

Hi Connie...Thanks for the compliment. I bought the jars with the lids at Michaels. They were in the Autumn/fall section and on sale!