Friday, October 21, 2016

Ballerina Girl

Hi friends, I'm here to talk to you today about layering.  I love how layers help add so much dimension to your layout and helps draw your eyes around the page.  I thought that I'd spend some time today walking you through my process for creating this layout.

To get started, select 5 - 6 coordinating pattern papers.


Trim your pattern paper to 6" long x anywhere from 1/2" to 1 1/2" high.  Lay them on the right half of the page, overlapping here and there until you are happy with how it looks.


Stitch across the middle of each paper strip. This will allow them to lift up just a little for some fun dimension. Add even more layers on the layers using embellishments like die cuts, sentiments, chipboard and more.


In the upper half of the layout, place your photo. Choose chipboard, die cuts, stickers, tags, etc. and start placing them under, around and over your photo. Start sticking it down once you like the design. I usually take a photo of the layout so that I don't have to think about the design again during this stage.  I just look at my phone and adjust here and there.

Next cut large letters for your title using the same coordinating patterns as your paper strips.  I used my Silhouette CAMEO but you could easily hand cut the letters.


Place your title down the left side of the page. Stitch them down like you did your strips. You could even add a few embellishments over your letters for even more layers.

Don't think too hard about your layers. Just start shuffling them around and around until you like how it looks and then commit.

1 comment:

essay best said...

Wow, it looks really cool, loved the frame you made it. Going to bookmark your post to read more such posts. Thank you for sharing it with us