Monday, August 1, 2016

Play Scrapbook Layout and Free Silhouette Cut File

There's something about stitching that pulls me in every. single. time.  I absolutely HAVE to include it on all my pages.  It certainly made it easy peasy to come up with fun layout challenge on Shimelle.com - Sewing on a layout.



While I love the look of a hand stitched layout, I don't do it on the regular because it's quite time consuming. I save those for binge watching tv or road trips (when I'm a passenger).  My go to stitching technique is to use a sewing machine.

What I love about machine stitching is that you can go as minimal or detailed as you wish in a fraction of the time so while it does add a little more time to your creative process, the results are worth it, in my opinion.  It just adds that extra finished detail that bonds the entire page together.


For this layout, I wanted to mimic the circular inner tube float in my photo so using my Silhouette software, I created a cut file and cut circles in half but with a rounded cut in the semi part of the circle. You can DOWNLOAD MY FREE CUT FILE HERE. Then I pieced them together like a quilt and stitched over them on both the inside and outside of the perimeter.  Circles are not my favorite to machine stitch but never fear, it's really hard to see if you don't make the perfect circle and you can cover little mistakes with an embellishment or two.

5 comments:

Yvette said...

Omgoodness!!! What a fabulous layout! xx :)

Stacie said...

Thank you. Love this gorgeous circle page!!

jbonomo said...

Stunning layout and thank you for the cut file! Wow, it still looks like it took a long time to make this but so worth it. gorgeous.

Cynthia Baldwin said...

Thanks for the cut file! Gorgeous colors on this page.

Chocoscrapaholic said...

Oh W O W!!! Heather this is all kinds of beautiful!!!! <3