Monday, June 6, 2016

Camp Party Invitation and Wilderness Cake | Pink Paislee

Hello friends.  I'm blogging projects 2 and 3 of the 7 projects I created for my guest stint over on the Pink Paislee blog.

THE PLAN: These projects were created for a beginning of summer back yard celebration.  My girls are off at camp this week so I created these to help amp up their excited, as if they weren't excited enough.  Anyway, I created an invitation for them to join us in our back yard, where my plan was to hang huge burlap banners and cute little paper rosettes for the fence from the Outfitters collection, have dinner outside and surprise them with a cake and milk, served in milk bottles with cute little straws and banners created from this collection.

Back yard camping party invitation


REALITY: So I created the card, all the banner, rosettes, little flags for the straws, found the cutest plates and napkins, baked a 4 layer cake and created all the a cute little props for the top of the cake. I was all set to celebrate. Then it rained and rained and rained for 3 or 4 days straight and we flooded...again. Thank goodness we didn't have water damage but the opportunity for the cute outdoor party was lost.  In the end, we had the party inside but I didn't have all the wall space I had planned for.  The kids loved it anyway and drank from the milk bottles and ate their cake.



Banner: The one thing that inspired this cake idea was the "camp" banner. It was all one piece connected together but I wanted to string it on little sticks so I cut them up and stitched them like you would garland.  Then I tied them to the sticks.

Teepee / Tent: I wanted to create a fun scene to celebrate summer camp so my next idea was a teepee / tent.  I cut it using a Silhouette cut file and added sticks that I gathered from outside.  Then, I decorated it with feathers I cut from a paper that had oars all over it.  I simply cut the little oars into the shape of feathers and then added slits on the side to give it a feathery effect.

Fire: There's a camp fire sticker in this collection so all I did was adhere it to white cardstock and had a campfire immediately.  If only it was that easy when we went camping.

Trees: I cut these using a 3D Christmas Village cut file I had.

Fox: My husband goes hunting every year and there's a fox that has come by every year since it was a baby.  They named her Georgette and the girls love seeing photos of her every year so it just made sense to include a fox on the cake.

Although the rain may have put a damper (pun intended) on my party decor, we still enjoyed the cake.  Now my girls are off at camp, hopefully having the time of their lives!

No comments: