I showed a sneak of it last night on Instagram (@heatherleopard) and now you can see the full details here. Come take a look...
If you are new to my blog, let me tell you a little about me. I kind of sort of like to create fun backgrounds for my layouts. Whether it's repeating a pattern or paper piecing, it's just my thing. My signature style so to speak. When I saw the exclusive cut files Nicole created for this team-up, I had this fun idea for using the zebra cut file. Do you ever have an idea but you're just not sure if it will turn out the way you have envisioned it in your head? That was me with this one.
The only thing I knew for sure about this layout was the photo of my oldest and the patterned zebra background. As I was looking through the cardstock stickers, the "SHINE BRIGHT" stickers jumped out and landed on my page. How perfect for this ray of sunshine holding a lit up heart.
- Cut the zebra cut file out of white cardstock. Keep the strips that you are not using and set them aside.
- Use the strips you set aside to serve as a guide for cutting the pattern paper. Make sure to leave about a 1/4" edge around the cut so that you can adhere it to the back of the cut file.
- Once all are adhered, stitch over the white cardstock.
- Add some layers of paper behind your photo, leaving a pocket for a journaling tag.
- Add sentiment stickers to the top right and an array of flowers on the bottom and around the sides. Adhere some to the photo/page and use foam adhesive to others for dimension.
- Add your title in one of the open spaces. I chose the middle left tucked into the flowers.
- Add an embellishment cluster to the top left of the page to balance it out.
Make sure to follow me if you are on Instagram (@heatherleopard). I have several giveaways planned this year (with one coming up this next week).
You don't want to miss my sketch challenge HERE for a chance to win a prize package of Crate Paper Shine and We R Memory Keepers.
Take a look at what the designers for Clique Kits and Just Nick did for the team up. Melissa Vising is up next but you can find the entire hop below
Clique Kits | Me! | Melissa Vining | Suzanna Lee | Leigh Ann Odynski | Melissa Elsner | Carolina Schulz | Jaclyn Rench | Aliza Deutsch | Diana Waite | JustNick Blog