Wednesday, September 23, 2015

Sweet Generosity

Hi everyone.  Just sharing another layout I created for my guest gig with Just Nick.  If you haven't spied her cut files yet, what are you waiting for???

I love butterflies on a scrapbook page so when I saw this butterfly cut file I knew exactly what I wanted to do.

My little girl recently cut about 10” of hair to donate and I really wanted to document this incredibly sweet act of kindness.  It just so happened that she was wearing a butterfly dress and it just so happened that the new Pinkfresh Happy Things coordinated so well and Nicole’s butterfly file was just begging to be used.


To create this layout, I cut the file out of white cardstock. I hand stitched the background to the pattern paper using white embroidery floss and then I cut the file again offsetting it so it would cut the butterflies smaller than the original. I wanted to be able to see the pattern paper around the butterflies.

I used watercolors around the stitched edges to accentuate the colors in the background paper. I painted right over the white embroidery floss so that it would dye the floss.  Once dried, I adhered the butterflies to the page, added my photo, title and embellishments.  I will journal her story later this week once I get my thoughts together on what I think of her generosity.

Make sure to swing on over to the Just Nick blog to get your freebie of the cut file she created for the layout last week.  I used it to recreate the mermaid look but it's so versatile, it can be a great background for anything! It's only free until the end of this month so get over there quick.

No comments: